Saturday 15 May 2010

meow.

This seasons Miu Miu collection has been circulating for a long time now, and for good reason! I love the whimsical animal print and soft silkiness of the fabrics. Their shoes make me swoon and were Miu Miu's were one of my first glimpses of this seasons now infamous clog. (Between you and me, Zara have a similarly printed dress in a navy and white at a steal for £19.99! Unfortunately I have no picture available at the moment but just head over to the Zara website and take a look for yourself.)

Anyway, back to the subject at hand: How stunningly creative is the miu miu silk collar? I know we're well into autumn/winter catwalk season now, but i couldn't move on without first posting about it.

It's swooping, geometric shape and and contrasting prints really draw the eye into an outfit and are a nice alternative to some statement jewellery pieces that have been dominating the accessory hot list for a while now. Thankfully though, despite it being actually quite difficult to find a cheaper version of these collars, they are really quite easy to recreate, with an old shirt and a pair of scissors.
So we all know how I'm spending my afternoon. I'm considering creating a denim/floral version?

No comments:

Post a Comment